LAGOS NAMES AS THE 4TH WEALTHIEST CITY IN AFRICA VALUED AT $108BN- REPORT
In a new report by Africa Property News, Lagos has been ranked the 4th wealthiest city in Africa, coming behind Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Cairo.
Lagos was valued at $108 billion, while the other Nigerian city on the list – Abuja – was valued at $13 billion.
The overview of the continent’s wealthiest cities is based on the The AfrAsia Bank Africa Wealth Report 2018. The overview “indicates where clusters of wealthy cities are developing across the continent, as well as showing a few more isolated locations of money aggregation.”
See the Top 10 in the overview below:
- Johannesburg (South Africa) – $276 billion
- Cape Town (South Africa) – $155 billion
- Cairo (Egypt) – $140 billion
- Lagos (Nigeria) – $108 billion
- Durban (South Africa) – $55 billion
- Nairobi (Kenya) – $54 billion
- Luanda (Angola) – $49 billion
- Pretoria (South Africa) – $48 billion
- Casablanca (Morocco) – $42 billion
- Accra (Ghana) – $38 billion